Customer service is the forefront of all business operations. And quality customer service can go a long way.
Read the following five tips that many answering service agents use for positive caller experiences.
- Answer calls with enthusiasm. Avoid becoming robotic. Smile and greet the caller with, “Good morning/afternoon/evening,” and thank them for calling. Use the business name that you are representing and ask questions such as “How may I assist you this morning?”.
- Don’t be afraid to be personal. Use the caller’s name more than once throughout the conversation. This type of personalization makes the caller feels important.
- Set the tone. Ask questions to understand why the caller is contacting the business. When you are pulling up data you can ask simple questions such as “How are you?” which can also help build a relationship.
- Service with care and compassion. If you need to place a customer on hold, ask them for permission. Assure them you will be back on the line shortly. Make sure that if it is going to be a significant period of time, either ask the caller if it is ok to give them a call back during a time that is convenient for them or offer to check in every so often. Avoid negative phrases such as “no.” Be polite and use age-old manners to make a strong impression.
- End the call on a positive note. Say goodbye in a friendly manner such as “Have a wonderful day, Bob!” or “Great to hear from you Bob, don’t hesitate to contact us again.”
By following these steps your brand’s image and customer service will play a huge competitive advantage. If you would like to find out more contact Responsive Answering Service today!